Nortel's IPR licensing candidate analysis for LTE baseband products (OFDM/MIMO Modem and Channel Coder) in the lists of patents declared essential to LTE appear at the ETSI IPR Online shows that there are 24 issued patents, 13 published patent applications, and 2 patent applications in pending in the United States as of July 31, 2009.
Among 14 LTE IPR licensing contenders for the US LTE baseband product market, Nortel is ranked 4th in IPR shares (10 %).
* Key information for Nortel's LTE patent value estimation:
1. Nortel LTE Patent Value Disputed http://www.billingworld.com/articles/business-finance/nortel-lte-patent-value-disputed.html
2. What Is the Value of Nortel's LTE Patents? http://seekingalpha.com/article/146953-what-is-the-value-of-nortel-s-lte-patents
3. Nortel's LTE patents - the scramble to acquire begins http://www.telecomseurope.net/content/nortels-lte-patents-scramble-acquire-begins
4. MPEG LA Announces Progress in Facilitation of LTE Patent Pool License http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS102273+11-May-2009+BW20090511
5. LTE Base Station Spending to Hit $3.3 Billion in 2011 http://www.cn-c114.net/583/a426332.html
6. Royalty based patent valuation http://books.google.co.kr/books?id=3Yv8jh4vqY8C&pg=PT492&lpg=PT492&dq=valuation+pricing+patent+technology&source=bl&ots=21X2riWchK&sig=5Ok4_uDTpijMfjez3p7Z_9KQBnk&hl=ko&ei=jKh0SqzqO6Swtgf_oOGWCQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3#v=onepage&q=valuation%20pricing%20patent%20technology&f=false
©2009 TechIPm, LLC All Rights Reserved